Dustin Poirier will have his second shot at a UFC title belt.
Poirier (28-6, 1 NC) held the interim UFC lightweight championship belt after defeating Max Holloway back on April 13, 2019, but lost it months later to Khabib Nurmagomedov in a three-round submission.
The lightweight championship is now in the hands of Charles Oliveira, who will be making his first title defense since winning the vacant belt against Michael Chandler on May 15. Oliveira (31-8, 1 NC) has won nine fights in a row to place himself atop the lightweight championships. Despite his status as the belt-holder, he will face a stiff challenge against Poirier, who is listed as the No. 5 pound-for-pound UFC fighter, while Oliveira ranks No. 8.
Oliveira will not be the only fighter defending their belt on Saturday. Amanda Nunes (21-4) is hoping to notch her eighth bantamweight title defense and protect her featherweight belt as well in a clash against Julianna Pena (10-4). Nunes has won 12 fights in a row and is listed as the UFC’s top pound-for-pound women’s fighter, while Pena is listed at No. 11.
Sporting News has you covered with all the information you need to watch the fight on Saturday, including time, channel and fight card.
What time does UFC 269 start today?
- Date: Saturday, Dec. 11
- Event start: 6:15 p.m. ET/3:15 p.m. PT
- PPV main card: 10 p.m. ET/7 p.m. PT
- PPV main event: Midnight ET/9 p.m. PT (approximate)
UFC 269 will begin at 6:15 p.m. ET with the early preliminary fights before moving to the prelims at 8 p.m. ET and the main card at 10 p.m. ET. Fans will be waiting until around midnight ET for Oliveira and Poirier to make their entrance into the octagon, depending on the length of the undercard fights.
What channel is UFC 269 on?
Subscribers of ESPN+ will be able to watch all of the early prelims and prelim fights on the UFC 269 card. The prelims will also be available to watch on ESPN2 for those waiting until the 8 p.m. ET window.
In order to view the main card, UFC fans will have to sign up for the ESPN+ PPV of the fight.
UFC 269 fight card
- Andre Muniz vs. Eryk Anders, men’s middleweight
- Miranda Maverick vs. Erin Blanchfield, women’s flyweight
- Alex Perez vs. Matt Schnell, men’s flyweight
- Ryan Hall vs. Darrick Minner, men’s featherweight
- Randy Costa vs. Tony Kelley, men’s bantamweight
- Gillian Robertson vs. Priscila Cachoeira, women’s flyweight
- Josh Emmett vs. Dan Ige, men’s featherweight
- Dominick Cruz vs. Pedro Munhoz, men’s bantamweight
- Augusto Sakai vs. Tai Tuivasa, men’s heavyweight
- Jordan Wright vs. Bruno Silva, men’s middleweight
- Charles Oliveira vs. Dustin Poirier, men’s lightweight championship
- Amanda Nunes vs. Julianna Pena, women’s bantamweight championship
- Geoff Neal vs. Santiago Ponzinibbio, men’s welterweight
- Kai Kara-France vs. Cody Garbrandt, men’s flyweight
- Raulian Paiva vs. Sean O’Malley, men’s bantamweight
Original source here
#time #UFC #today #PPV #schedule #main #card #start #time #Charles #Oliveira #Dustin #Poirier